Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Tools that change the way we think

The tools that we have today have changed a whole generation's way of thinking. When things like computers and smartphones didn't exist, people actually had to think about things and do research. It is hard for me to imagine going to a library with a question when I have a smartphone in my pocket. The opportunities that this generation of technology has are great but are also hurting many of us if we do not use them correctly. I find myself mindlessly scrolling a webpage that has no other purpose but to make me giggle from time to time. This is alarming to me because I could be using the internet for what it is supposed to be used for: to learn. I also find that with a smartphone I have the ability to look at websites when I am supposed to be sleeping. This in turn has caused me to lose focus in school because I am so tired from looking at the internet for hours. Basically, the internet is an awesome tool if you use it correctly. It has provided me with many opportunities when I've actually needed it for something and I couldn't imagine not having these opportunities anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment