Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who Was Shakespeare?

Shakespeare sounds like a cool guy. I'll admit, I've experienced my share of hatred for his work. This is because I didn't understand and I had a hard time with it. Now that we are reading Hamlet, I have a really clear understanding and I realize that Shakespeare is hilarious. With some research I found out that he was really just a regular guy. He had brothers and sisters, a mother and father, and he got married. Sounds like a normal guy to me. He had twins with his wife and then seven years of his life went undocumented. People call these years "the lost years". I find it really interesting that Shakespeare went from writing comedies in his early career, to writing tragedies or tragicomedies. He wrote tragedies for the later half of his life until he died. I have had mixed feelings towards Shakespeare over the years, but now I am finding real enjoyment in his work.


sources: wikipedia, biography.com, shakespeare-info

No comments:

Post a Comment